Journals and textbooks cannot be borrowed. Books can only be borrowed by registered users. If you are not yet registered, please go to the Book Tower.
The lending period is 4 weeks for students and 8 weeks for personnel.
An overview of your current loans and extensions is available on request via https://lib.ugent.be/en/loans.
You can search the UGent collection via the UGent catalogue.
You can also refine your search query by
- Type (journals, books, …)
- Access (online or paper)
In which library?
The location number will tell you in which library the desired reading matter is located.
- Location number beginning with G00: Knowledge Centre Ghent
- Location number beginning with a G or F (e.g. G08, G26, F57 …): Department library of Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences and Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences.
- Location number beginning with other letters (e.g. BIB, L09, DLFD …): Other UGent libraries
Where in the KCGG?
Books and journals
Books and recent journals (only volumes from the previous and current year) are arranged according to location numbers. All older volumes of journals are stored in a closed archive. Articles from this repository can be requested via a scan request.
The location numbers within the KCGG consist of various elements:
- a library code (G00)
- a subdivision according to type of material
- M = monographs/books
- S = serials/journals
- OPL = textbooks
- RESS = reserve from the warehouse
- a code according to subject area
- (G00.M.) ONC = oncology
- (G00.M.) GALG = medicine – general
- (G00.M.OPL.) 06 = physiology and pathophysiology
- a serial number
The entire thesis collection has been transferred to the central University library and can only be consulted there.