- Deze evenement zijn geslaagd.
How to peer review a scientific manuscript for a biomedical journal?
07/02/2020 12:00 - 13:30
Peer review is designed to assess the validity, quality and often the originality of articles for publication. Its ultimate purpose is to maintain the integrity of science by filtering out invalid or poor quality articles. However, peer reviewers lack confidence and do have questions about how to increase their visibility of their peer review work.
During this seminar, Christna Chap will share some (generic) practical tips for peer reviewers who have limited experience in reviewing manuscripts for publication in biomedical journals, individuals who are thinking of becoming peer reviewers, or reviewers who want to become more confident in their work.
The following questions will be answered during this Knowledge 2 Connect seminar:
- how to increase confidence in your peer review work?
- what is the role of the editor during peer review?
- how to evaluate the importance of research questions?
- how to evaluate the appropriateness of study designs?
- how to evaluate the accuracy of methodologies?
- how to prepare a peer review report?
what are the ethics of peer review?
- what are the innovations in different types of peer review?
- how to increase visibility of your peer review work?
Guest speakers: Christna Chap (Senior Editor and Subject Lead at Karger Publishers)
(a sandwich lunch will be offered, thanks to our sponsors)