- Deze evenement zijn geslaagd.
How to get more out of GIDEON: a clinical decision support web application and ebook series covering Infectious Diseases and Microbiology
17/09/2021 12:00 - 13:30
Globalization has notably increased the importance of epidemiology in point-of-care settings. Medical professionals recognize the growing need to identify early cases of an exotic or unfamiliar disease to prevent its spread. Due to COVID-19, Infectious Disease has also become a “hot topic” for many scientists in fields that traditionally did not interface with Medicine: Economics, Sociology, etc. In times like these, a robust database and toolkit such as GIDEON is an essential companion for healthcare professionals, microbiologists, and researchers – as it provides unique, state-of-the-art tools to address challenges presented by the fast-moving landscape of Infectious Diseases.
In this Knowledge 2 Connect seminar, Dr. Stephen A. Berger will share how GIDEON can help to:
- Diagnose – taking the latest epidemiological data into account
- Prevent the introduction of imported disease using the First Case Scenario feature, created in consultation with the WHO
- Challenge confirmation bias with in-built ‘Why Not’ functionality
- Find up-to-date information on any Infectious Disease, over 30,000 drug and vaccine trade names, and 2,000+ pathogens
- Conduct a side-by-side comparison of diseases, drugs, and pathogens
- Explore data on 25,500+ outbreaks going back to 1348 AD
- Combine over 34,000 graphs to generate epidemiological charts
- Identify 2,000+ pathogens in a laboratory or classroom
Guest speaker: Stephen Berger (Gideon)